Beyonce Scores Fifth No. 1 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
Beyonce is also on track to score a second week atop the Billboard 200 chart. Industry sources forecast her self-titled album to sell around 260,000 -- if not more -- in the tracking week ending Sunday, Dec. 22.
This coming week's sales tally for "Beyonce" will include digital and physical sales from non-iTunes retailers. The physical CD started to reach stores between Dec. 18 and Dec. 20, while Amazon MP3 started selling the digital album yesterday (Dec. 20). Starbucks is also in the mix, as a representative for the coffee giant says the album will be ready for customers on Saturday (though some stores may have it on Friday). It will be available in more than 7,000 Starbucks stores in the U.S. for $16.95.
While Target is notably not carrying the album, as earlier reported, all other major sellers of music seem to be -- except for Amazon.com at the moment. The etailer is not selling the physical CD as of Dec. 20, though the album is available through third-party sellers in the store. (However, Amazon MP3 is, as noted above, selling the album.)
In related news, more choreographers, makeup artists, directors and producers were interviewed about the making of the album. Be sure to check out the articles below:
• Beyonce's 'Blow' Choreographer Reveals What She's Like On Set
• Introducing Sir John: The Makeup Artist Behind Beyoncé's Many Video Transformations
• We Talked to @LILINTERNET About Directing Beyoncé's "No Angel" Video
• Framingham High Grad Produces Beyonce's "Rocket" Success
• Bay area producer worked on Beyonce's surprise album